Saturday 29 September 2012

Design A New Drama Warm Up

In my drama lesson on the 27/09/12 I was given the chance to lead
the Drama Warm Up (DWU).
For my DWU I chose to do a warm up call zip zap zoom boning.
This game concentrated on 
 .Focus
 .Concentration 
 .Team building skills
 .Raising energy levels

The game warm up I chose was Zip Zap Zoom Boning (ZZZB). 
The rules of the game are: 
 .YOU HAVE TO STAND IN A CIRCLE so every can see everyone
 .A Zip is to the left 
 .A Zap is to the right 
 .A Zoom is across the circle
 .And A Boning which is to reflect any thing that is sent to you but you can't Boning a
  a Boning or you will have to sit down because you are out.
 .and you CAN'T SAY ERRRRRR/ERMMMM ect
 .and you have to be ENTHUSIASTIC 

I chose ZZZB because
 . it raise energy levels
 .it gets people focused
 .its fun
 .and it demands concentration

The skill ZZZB mostly help develop was Concentration, because
you have to be aware of what is happening around and know what you
are going to do. This will help in a dram proforma because they have to be concentrate
on the character they are playing and if they want to give advice to an another proforma.

my class mates where unsure about the rules of the game so
I gave them demonstration to help them understand,and gave them a practice 
round.

at first it was difficult to lead the session because some people where 
unsettled and some people didn't understand the rules so they where chatty,
but by they time I had given a demonstration 
every calmed down because they knew what was happening

ZZZB warmed the actors voices because they had to project so people could 
hear them , which is what actors need to do so the audience can hear them.

ZZZB warmed up the actors mind because they had to be in
a focussed mind frame .

ZZZB warmed up the actors bodies because they had to be 
enthusiastic whit their movments.

The improvements I would make to ZZZB now that is has been
tested is that I would make the actors say each others name 
because it would make them work more as a team because they
know each others names or and make them act like characters.

In Conclusion I have learnt that   everyone has a different 
rate of understanding and that what one person may understand
or and find easy someone else might not

By:
Obinna Okoro

No comments:

Post a Comment